|The Sea, Journal of the Korean Society of Oceanography Vol.9 No.3 pp.111-118  . Year.2004|
| Observations on the Coastal Ocean Response to Typhoon Maemi at the East Sea Real-time Ocean Buoy
| Sung Hyun Nam, Jae Yul Yun, Kuh Kim
|OCEAN Laboratory/RIO, School of Earth and Environmental Sciences, Seoul National University|
An ocean buoy was deployed 10 km off Donghae city, Korea at a depth of 130 m to measure meteorological (air pressure, air temperature, wind speed, wind gust, wind direction, relative humidity) and oceanographic data (water properties and currents in the whole column) in real-time. The buoy recorded a maximum wind gust of 25 m/s (10 minutes'average speed of 20 m/s) and a minimum air pressure of 980 hPa when the eye of typhoon Maemi passed by near the Uljin city, Korea at 03:00 on 13 September 2003. The wave height reached maximum of 9 m with the significant wave height of 4 m at 04:00 (1 hour after the passage of Maemi). The currents measured near the surface reached up to about 100 cm/s at 13:00 (10 hours after the passage of Maemi). The mixed layer (high temperature and low salinity) thickness, which was accompanied by strong southward current, gradually increased from 20 m to 40 m during the 10 hours. A simple two layer model for the response to an impulsive alongshore wind over an uniformly sloping bottom developed by Csanady (1984) showed reasonable estimates of alongshore and offshore currents and interface displacement for the condition of typhoon Maemi at the buoy position (x=8.15 km) during the 10 hours.
파랑-해양순환 접합모델을 이용한 폭풍해일 에 대한 파랑과 조석의 영향 연구
- 문일주, 오임상
- 한국기상학회지 36(5) 563-574 p Year.2003
- Brink, K.H.
- J. Phys. Oceanogr. 19 1017-1022 p Year.1989
- Csanady, G.T.
- D. Reidel publishing company 0-0 p Year.1984
- Hong, C.H.
- J. Kor. Soc. Oceanogr. 34 73-85 p Year.1999
- Kwon, Y.O. and S.C. Riser
- J. Geophys. Res. 0-0 p Year.2003
- Lee, D.K. and P. Niler
- J. Kor. Soc. Oceanogr. 38 60-67 p Year.2003
- Nam, S.H., K.W. Kim, H.R. Kim, C.B. Cho, S.J. Lyu, Y.G. Kim, K. Kim
- PICES (North Pacific Marine Science Organization) Scientific Report Series for the MONITOR workshop in 11th annual meeting 0-0 p Year.2003
- Nam, S.H., K. Kim
- Korea, Proc. Spring Meeting Kor. Soc. Oceanogr 0-0 p Year.2002
- Taira, K., S. Kitagawa, H. Otobe, T. Asai
- J. Oceanogr. 49 397-406 p Year.1993